Monday 26 November 2012

More from Beautiful Kyoto

Just a few more images from Kyoto just because there are so many beautiful sights to share!














I love the detail of this temple lantern with grapevine and parrots

















The gorgeous Japanese Umbrella Pine


On my last day I even managed to find time to 'ForageFor' a few vintage flower items at Toji temple flea market.


A stallholder selling cut seasonal Umbrella Pine and winter flowering cherry blossom, they were going like hot cakes!


Indigo dyed textiles


Perhaps the 'Cliff Richard' of Japan?









I couldn't resist this beautiful antique Japanese hair clip in its gorgeous original box






And finally a couple of signs seen along the way that brought a smile to my face.  I'm not sure if the first one is a mis-translation or not but life certainly does feel like this sometimes.  The second one, I think, is informing the public what to do if a dog starts a fire?



















1 comment:

  1. Fabulous eyes on you, ForageFor! The detail is incredible.

    ReplyDelete